Have you ever wanted to make your own cloth baby wipes? It’s actually very easy!
Read on to find out How to Make Your Own Cloth Baby Wipes! After you read the article, feel free to leave a comment as well!
Welcome to The Centisble Cloth Series
Baby on a Budget: How to Make Your Own Cloth Baby Wipes
While you may have heard that cloth baby diapers are all the rage, you may not have heard that cloth baby wipes are quickly gaining steam as well! Cloth baby wipes are a great substitution to expensive and harsh paper wipes, plus they are a bonus for our already suffering planet. When you choose cloth wipes over paper wipes, you can easily save hundreds of dollars a year. Since baby supplies are already quite pricey, this is a great way to cut your expenses and enjoy your baby on a budget. To find out more, take a look below for a comprehensive overview on how to make your own baby wipes. You don’t have to be a super crafty queen or invest in a great amount of supplies to do so. You just need a few simple ingredients and you will be well on your way. Take a look!
How to Make Your Own Cloth Baby Wipes
First, let’s take a look at the supplies you will need. Most of these products can be found at your local retail and craft store. As you can see, all are inexpensive supplies and easily accessible.
1. First, prepare your cloths by cutting the material into 8 by 8 inch squares. Or, if you are using the baby wash cloths just keep them as is.
2. Now, gather your supplies for the wipes solution. This would be your water, shampoo, oil, and spray bottle.
3. Time to mix! Add 2 tablespoons of no tear baby wash and 1 tablespoon of baby oil in the water. Stir.
4. Pour your mixture into the spray bottle.
5. When it is time to change a diaper, spray the flannel wipe with the wipe solution. Use as you would a regular wipe.
6. When finished, you can store your dirty wipes in a trash can or plastic baggie.
7. Wash your wipes when you wash your bathroom towels.
See how easy it is to create your own baby wipes? You can easily save hundreds of dollars a year plus keep thousands of paper wipes out of the landfill. As if these aren’t reasons enough, you can also take comfort in knowing that the ingredients are natural and you can actually pronounce them. Try doing that with your store bought paper wipes!
You don’t have to make these wipes just for babies either. You can keep a small spray bottle and fabric squares in your bathroom or even car in order to clean up dirty hands and faces quickly and effectively. This recipe can also replace hand wipes not only saving you money but providing you with a more natural alternative.
Give this easy DIY a try if you have always wanted to make your own baby wipes. Transitioning from paper to cloth will be a breeze when you see how easy these are to make and how much you can actually save!
Did you enjoy this DIY on Cloth Baby Wipes? Check out the entire cloth series and save:
How to Decide if Family Cloth is Right for You
Fabulous Family Cloth and How it Can Save You Cash
How Transitioning From Paper to Cloth Can Save You Money
Cloth 101: How Cloth Use Affects Your Power Bill