Roto-Rooter is such a fantastic company and I’m so excited to tell you all about them! These Things You Should Know About Roto-Rooter might surprise you! Keep reading and then leave a comment to let me know what you learned!
8 Things You Should Know About Roto-Rooter + An Announcement
Roto-Rooter is a well known name and it’s easily the first thing you think of when you have an emergency. But, there is so much more to know about this amazing company! If you are like me, you tackle DIY situations on your own, but when you need to call a professional – you do! It’s wonderful to know that there is a trusted company available to call 24/7 to take care of your situation. Roto-Rooter also gets extra bonus points from our family because they do NOT charge an extra fee for nights, weekends, OR holidays! If your home is like ours, it seems that all of the household emergencies happen at the worst times! It’s amazing to know that when life happens, they aren’t going to charge you extra for those times like many other companies do!
8 Things You Should Know About Roto-Rooter
1. Roto-Rooter was founded as a company in 1935. The company was built around the invention of The Roto-Rooter Machine. The Roto-Rooter Machine is the world’s first electric sewer cleaning machine. That allows removing roots and clogs from underground sewer pipes without having to dig up the pipes. Can you even imagine what things would be like if the Roto-Rooter Machine hadn’t been invented?!
2. In 1955 the Roto-Rooter Machine patent expired! That brought on copycats trying to take advantage of the situation. Even with the snafu, they have continued to remain the best-known and largest drain and sewer service in the world.
3. They are the only plumbing repair and drain services company with a truly national presence, serving almost every U.S. community with a population of at least 20,000 people. They have 24/7 service available and in emergency situations – that is great!
4. They employ almost 4,000 people at company-owned locations. Approximately, 3,000 of these employees are service technicians. The entire Roto-Rooter system, including independent franchise operations, employs about 7,000 people in North America. Plus, they have also expanded their offerings internationally with master franchise operations in Japan, Philippines, and Indonesia/Singapore.
5. They are the largest provider of plumbing repair and sewer/ drain cleaning services in the U.S. and Canada with more than 600 locations from coast-to-coast. In addition to offering their obvious services, they can also do installations on certain products! They have a full line of products that you can use for DIY situations as well!
6. Their annual sales exceed $700 million (combined company-owned and franchise locations).
7. In 2010, they introduced the ROTOGreen plumbing program to promote water conservation by bringing the latest water-saving plumbing parts and fixtures to its customers.
8. Approximately two-thirds of service is for residential customers, one-third for commercial customers.
We are SO excited to announce that we will be working with Roto-Rooter as a Brand Ambassador! We are so honored to be picked and I am looking forward to bringing our readers some great information about Roto-Rooter, their services, and even their home products! We will be testing out some Roto-Rooter products through the remainder of the year and we are really excited to show them to you! In addition to that, we will be covering some IMPORTANT topics such as: How to save money when it comes to emergencies, plumbing fixes you can do yourself, information on routine maintenance, clog 101, septic care, and even simple steps to protecting your pipes! If you are a homeowner, these are all things that you should make sure you read about as we cover them!
Are there any other topics related to plumbing that you would like to see us cover? What did you learn about Roto-Rooter in this article? Have you tried any of the Roto-Rooter home products?
Leave us a comment below and let us know! We love to hear from our readers!
Disclosure: As a Roto-Rooter Brand Ambassador, I will be receiving free products and compensation from the company to for testing out products and for posting. All opinions expressed in the article are my own.