This is such a great scrub recipe! If you love body scrubs, you are going to love this Olive Oil Sugar Scrub!
Check it out and then make some for your friends!
DIY: Olive Oil Sugar Scrub
Whether you are looking for a great gift in a jar idea or just want a way to banish dry winter skin, this olive oil sugar scrub is for you! Made of a few simple ingredients, this scrub is not only easy to make but quite frugal too! Take a look below at how you can whip up a batch in just minutes, and in no time be enjoying all of the benefits that olive oil and sugar have to offer!
DIY Olive Oil Sugar Scrub
2 cups of white sugar
1 cup of light olive oil. Don’t be afraid to use a generic brand as it will work just fine.
2-3 drops of essential oil of your choice. We used lavender but you can use any oil of your choice or no oil at all.
1 teaspoon of dried herb of your choice. Mint, rosemary, lavender, and sage are all great choices!
Glass jar with lid
1. Begin by pouring the oil into the jar first followed by the sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the optional essential oil and dried herbs. Mix together well.
3. Pour the essential oil and herb mixture into the jar.
4. Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture well. Some settling will occur, and this is ok!
5. Cut a small square of scrap fabric to fit over the lid. This is a great way to dress it up.
6. Screw the lid tightly onto the jar. You do not want any air getting in to dry out the mixture.
When you are ready to use your scrub, simply apply it generously to your skin avoiding your eyes and other sensitive areas. Massage it in a circular motion before rinsing clean with cool water. The oil in the scrub will moisturize and protect your skin, while the sugar will slough away dead skin and impurities.
If you choose to give this scrub as a gift, be sure to include directions for use on a small index card attached to the jar.
This winter, enjoy giving this olive oil sugar scrub as a gift or as a way to treat yourself. You won’t be sorry!