Cleaning Swimming Pool Water and pH Maintenance
Maintaining your pool means to maintain water pH and
security of you and your loved ones. For this reason, borax is used in the
above ground pools. It is a salt or chemical made of boric acid and is used in
cleaning purposes and maintain the pH of pools water. It can be purchased
affordably from a local shop and can be used as the best alternative to soda
When to Use the Borax
Borax can reduce the algal growth in the pool water
and give a shiny and sparkling look to the pool water. Mainly it can be used
when there is a drop in the pH of the pool water. Borax is added to the pool
water to raise the pH of the water to the desired level. For this purpose, you
will need a kit for testing the pH of water, borax chemical, and hand safety
gloves. When you check the water of your pool has the pH in the range of
acidity, it is needed to raise the pH of the water. Usually, 7.4-7.6 pH is
considered safe and ideal for the pool water. This level of pH can be
maintained by addition of the borax to the water.
Technical Calculations for Borax
To increase 0.5 pH of the pool, 20 ounces of borax
is needed for 5,000 gallons of water. This amount of the borax can be added to your pool with the help of the pool pump for at least three days. After three
days the pH of the water should be check, and it must be in the ideal range
such as 7.4-7.6. If the desired pH is not yet maintained, extra borax can be
added to raise the pH of your pool water. In case the pH is higher than the
recommended ideal level, there is no need to worry as the pH goes down
naturally in a few days without treating the pool water with other chemicals.
Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaners
To clean your pool from debris, you can use any ofbu
the three types for the cleaning of your pool. These are suction side, the
pressure side, and robotic cleaners.
Robotic cleaners have an advantage over the suction
side and pressure side automatic cleaners, and it only needs a power source for its operation. While you don’t need to hook your robotic cleaner to your swimming pool as in case of suctions side and pressure side cleaners.
Features for Buying Robotic Cleaners
Robotic cleaners work on the ground-fault circuit
interrupter (GFCI) outlets. Some of the features while purchasing the robotic
cleaners should be kept in mind are
- Consider the weight of the robot for ease in handling and working operation (to get into the pool and out of the pool water). It should not be too much heavy ass to carry it to the pool become hard for you.
- High-quality hard brushes are needed in the robotic cleaner to clean the stubborn debris, dirt on every side of the pool
- Need a programmable timer to clean your pool as set instructions. Also, it can be cleaned easily.
- Your robot must have the ability to climb on the sides of the pool to get the
cleaning done of the whole pool. Such as cleaning the water line, walls of the
pool and stairs of the pool.
- Energy efficient robotic should be utilized for your pool cleaning. Small cleaners utilized 200 watts of power in one hour while larger units use more. Those robotic cleaner models should be avoided for cleaning purposes having the higher use of power above 1000 watt per hour as this will cost more to operate during the cleaning process.
Best Robot Pool Cleaners
Some of the best vinyl pool cleaner of 2018. They are:
- Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
- Polaris F9550
- Hayward Poolvergnuen 896584000-013
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 360
- Hayward RC9740WCCUB